The Governors of Bearwood Primary and Nursery School have adopted the BCP Borough Council Admissions Policy which can be found in the ‘Parents’ & Carers’ Guide to School Admissions in BCP’ booklet (see right). BCP will co-ordinate our School Admission Applications.
Governors of Community and Controlled schools have delegated responsibility for deciding admissions to their school. In carrying out this responsibility they must consider all those applications received by the deadline in accordance with the published priorities.
- It is strongly recommended that if you wish for your child to attend Bearwood Primary and Nursery School that you come and visit the school to see if it is the right fit for your child before you apply.
- Parents will be notified annually of the final date for applications.
- Parents need to be aware that schools cannot reserve places, even for children living locally, and if you do not complete the Borough’s application form and do not return it by the closing date your child may not be offered a place. If you wish your child to attend the local school, you need to name it as your first preference on the application form.
- If you place your child on the waiting list, then you will need to apply each June to remain on the list otherwise they will be removed by School Admissions.
- If we need to speak to a previous school about your child and you have not formally accepted a placement in school, we will seek the parental permission. This might arise if page 3 of the background information has not been completed.
Please note that for in year transfers the Local Authority have 15 working days to respond to an application.
Further details of the BCP’s Borough Admission Policy is published in the information booklet from Pupil and Parent Support, Central Library, Poole (see link on right).
If you need any other information then please call admissions on 01202 123222.
BCP Council administer our School’s Admissions – they will be able to advise if there are any places available at our school, please contact them in the first instance.