Governors of Community and Controlled schools have delegated responsibility for deciding admissions to their school. In carrying out this responsibility they must consider all those applications received by the deadline in accordance with the published priorities.
- It is strongly recommended that if you wish for your child to attend Bearwood Primary and Nursery School that you come and visit the school to see if it is the right fit for your child before you apply.
- Parents will be notified annually of the final date for applications.
- Parents need to be aware that schools cannot reserve places, even for children living locally, and if you do not complete the Borough’s application form and do not return it by the closing date your child may not be offered a place. If you wish your child to attend the local school, you need to name it as your first preference on the application form.
- If you place your child on the waiting list, then you do not need to reapply as they have already been through the process of admissions.
- If we need to speak to a previous school about your child and you have not formally accepted a placement in school, we will seek the parental permission. This might arise if page 3 of the background information has not been completed.
Please note that for in year transfers the Local Authority have 15 working days to respond to an application.
Further details of the BCP’s Borough Admission Policy is published in the information booklet from Pupil and Parent Support, Central Library, Poole (see link on right).
If you need any other information then please call admissions on 01202 261936.
If you pay your council tax to Poole then the form has to be returned to Poole Council, if you pay your council tax to Bournemouth then the form has to be returned to Bournemouth Council.